Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Big Sister Prep

Ellie has been working hard for the last couple of weeks to get everything ready for the baby's arrival. If only she could help with the really hard part. She asked again today just how the doctor was going to get her out. I told her the doctor had some special tricks. She thought I meant like gymnastics tricks. I suppose I will actually be the one doing the tricks. Too bad I don't have any magic tricks. Especially since they estimated the Peanut's weight today at 8lb 14oz. She's more like a watermelon than a peanut. That's going to be fun.


Here are some of the ways E has been helping me to get everything ready.

Testing out the changing table. She thinks it's funny that I used to change her diapers on it too. Her body takes up the whole top of the dresser now, instead of just the changing pad. She has just about kicked over the lamp several times.


Now that the mattress is at the highest setting again, she can climb in and out of the crib. She never did it when she was actually using it for her bed, but now she likes to play in it. She asked me if she was going to be able to check on the baby if she cried so I have a feeling I will find her in it with the baby at some point.
Making sure the baby tub didn't spring any leaks. It has actually been used as a boat, car, baby doll bed and TV watching spot in the last 2 weeks. I had to hide it because I kept tripping over it.
Obviously the chair and ottoman we are borrowing from Barbara and Eric for the nursery are comfy (as well as super cute). I was sitting at the computer and she climbed up on the ottoman in this weird position. I started rocking it back and forth and she fell asleep in about 2 seconds. I am using the chair right now as I type. It's much softer than the computer chair and my bum and I are all about comfort right now.
She also helped me paint the letters to hang on the wall. Well, she painted one and a half before she got bored and moved on to something else, but at least she wanted to help in the first place.

Remembering the good times she had in the infant carrier car seat. She was determined to sit in it and tried to use the buckles. She is just a little too tall for it :)

2 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

She's gonna be an AWESOME big sister! ;-)

THE WADE FAMILY said...

She's gonna be an AWESOME big sister! ;-)