Sunday, November 16, 2008

Peanut Festival

I just realized that I never posted the pics from this year's trip to the National Peanut Festival in Dothan.
Ellie loved it, Brandon and I ate yummy fair food and Ann Marie slept the whole time. It was a good night for all.

The first thing E said was that she did NOT want to ride the Ferris Wheel. It was too big. I didn't think she would like to ride anything, but I was sorely mistaken. Once she realized how much fun the rides were, there was no stopping her. Maybe I will have someone to ride the roller coasters with me in a few years.
As you go in to the grounds, you have to pass the petting zoo and pony rides before you get to any of the fair rides. So of course, E wanted to see the animals and ride a pony. I was on stroller duty so Brandon took her in to both things. She was afraid of some of the bigger animals, but she loved the pony. There was some big hairy buffalo thing in the petting part and I thought E was going to jump back over the fence toward me when she saw it. I laughed and laughed. This pic is her looking at the hairy thing. See how she is all the way on the opposite fence. Hilarious!





Once we finally got to the kids' rides, we rode the flying elephants,
Dizzy Dragons, and the Merry Go Round. All were very fun and surprisingly the carousel was the fastest one. I swear, if I hadn't been on there holding on to Ellie, she would've gone flying off. The camera batteries died before we could get a picture on it though.

One other cool thing we saw was the sea lions. We didn't get to see the show, but we watched them sliding and swimming and eating fish.
Overall it was a fun night. AM didn't wake up until we were on the way back to the car. I had to feed her before we drove all the way home, but the car was much warmer than outside so it was OK.

1 comment:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

omg - abby can never be allowed to see this post b/c she'll go nuts! to see her favorite rides (the elephant rides) and the petting zoo animals, and the ponies - and to top it all off, ellie's in the pictures too! abby would have a stroke she'd be so excited! ;-)