Thursday, January 22, 2009

I apologize for the break in coverage....

#1 I just can't seem to find enough time in the day.

#2 I'm addicted to facebook and it's a little more fun than this because you can see what everyone else is doing.

#3 I don't take as many pictures as I used to unless we are traveling.

Those are my excuses.

And here are some pics to sum up what it's been like since the last post.


Brandon came home on Sunday, but before that it was a little crazier than usual. I think Ellie was feeling a little jealous and neglected. So to lift her spirits, she decided to decorate the living room-with glitter.



The tree was still up, so I didn't really think the extra flair was necessary. I think that's the maddest I've ever been at her. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't just told her that we would do a craft with glitter as soon as I was finished feeding the baby- just don't open the glitter by yourself. She literally, threw it around the room so it would "rain" down on her. It was quite a mess. Lucky for me it was only glitter, not paint or nail polish. Lucky for her, I only put her in tine out.



After that, we went to the Fun Factory for playgroup (I know, I should've taken that away from her for the glitter incident, but that would've been more punishment for me than her). She was so tired from staying up late while refusing to sleep in her room that she had a couple mini meltdowns at the FF. (sleep problems are almost solved now)




Saturday I (finally) took the tree down. I think that is a record for me. I usually take it down pretty soon after Christmas. But I was out of town and it took me a while to catch up. While I worked, Ellie introduced Ann Marie to Baby Einstein. Both of my girls are big fans of the TV.




Sunday Brandon came home. Hooray!!!


Apparently Ann Marie was a little skeptical about it :)


Ellie is mostly back to her normal self. A little bit of jealousy here and there. It's funny that it took so long for it to surface. I think Brandon being gone for a couple weeks triggered it. She likes to play baby every once in a while, and gets tired of me always telling her "just a minute, I've got to feed/change/hold the baby." But she is still very sweet to AM and never takes it out on her.



We also put together their new toy box to hold the toys in the living room. It actually matches the nursery furniture, but I like not seeing all the toys in the living room. Thanks Grandma and Papa!!



And this is how AM spends most of her time these days- with either her own or someone else's hand in her mouth. I really think she is in the beginning stages of teething. She drools all the time, constantly gnaws on her hands and sometimes acts like it hurts her to nurse. Ellie didn't get any teeth until she was 7 months old, but I think AM will get hers much sooner.




1 comment:

The Smith Boys said...

I have a few things to say Miss Katie. #1. Brain Payne made me laugh out loud. (I had to spell it out instead of LOL b/c I actually laughed out loud.
#2. You are such a great parent - and by that I think I mean, you parent a lot like me and I like that. hehe We have some friends who are very fun to be with but the way they let their kid act up drives us nuts. I had to stop inviting them for dinner b/c Ed can't take it after he's been at work all day. The kid is pretty rotten and they aren't consistent with threats and punishments and stuff. You and the fam are welcome for dinner ANYTIME! hehe miss you.