Yay! This is my 100th post. I haven't been doing this very long, so that must mean I spend too much time here. Oh well. Hope you enjoy it and it's not too torturous. Be sure to read the whole thing!
1. I am the oldest child in my immediate family and of my generation in my extended family.
2. Sometimes the position of eldest stresses me out.
3. I am usually the youngest of my friends at any given time.
4. This also stresses me out on occasion.
5. I hope my children will be smarter than I am.
6. I hope it doesn't happen too soon.
7. I started this list when I only had 80 posts because I was afraid it would take me forever to think of 100 things.
8. I am now afraid that no matter how much time I have, I still won't be able to think of 100 things.
9. And if I do, that no one will read past 20 or so.
10. I HATE putting away laundry- it's my least favorite chore.
11. I like vaccuuming once everything is out of the way.
12. Christmas lights are like uppers for me.
13. I hate taking down the Christmas tree.
14. Catalogs give me great joy.
15. I can not do a Moderate level Sudoku puzzle without cheating.
16. All the easy ones in my book are done.
17. I read incredibly fast- when it's a good story.
18. I can't get anything else done when I have a book to read.
19. I love buying purses and shoes because they always fit.
20. I never throw a purse away.
21. I love collecting seashells.
22. My car is always dirty- inside and out.
23. I have an addiction to crafting supplies.
24. I make a list of things to do almost every day.
25. Most of the things on the previous day's list roll over to the next one.
26. I LOVE marking things out on my lists with a dark black line.
27. I always thought I wanted a sister, but now realize brothers were (and are) better for me. 28. I do love my 2 (fairly) new sisters-in-law though :)
29. I blame Project Runway for my new obsession with learning how to sew.
30. I still have not chosen a machine....I want to get the perfect one.
31. I am afraid that I will be terrible at it.
32. I will make Ellie wear what I make- no matter how uneven the sleeves are.
33. I take much more time in choosing her outfits than mine.
34. I only played organized sports for one season as a child.
35. It was t-ball and I obviously wasn't any good.
36. I did play Powder Puff football 2 times in high school.
36. I did play Powder Puff football 2 times in high school.
37. I never had a clue what was going on in the game.
38. I just had to block the other team.
39. I love sticky notes.
40. I still have some that I have been hoarding since I was teaching.
41. Krispy Kreme doughnuts are my favorite.
42. I don't follow any sports.
43. I will decorate for any holiday.
44. I enjoy almost any kind of sale or coupon.
45. I believe that is an inherited trait.
46. As is #43.
47. And it doesn't get any better than buying holiday decorations on sale.
48. I would love to have lots (4) children, but I doubt that will happen.
49. I have toys, books and clothes from when I was little that Ellie plays with and wears- Thanks Mom.
50. I don't like to be in charge of anything.
51. Confrontation of any kind stresses me out- even on TV. I have to change the channel.
52. When I think someone is upset with me, I am physically ill.
53. I never raise my voice- at adults.
54. I lost my wedding ring in my car last week and I still haven't found it.
55. I don't eat many cooked vegetables.
56. I used to have all my credit card information memorized.
57. Then I quit working and couldn't use them to buy stuff online as much.
58. Now I keep the info on post-its near the computer so I don't have to get my wallet.
59. That is just one of my time-saving (laziness) tricks. 6
0. If I was really into saving time, I wouldn't be writing this insane post.
61. I can't believe I have actually gotten this far.
62. I love getting emails and especially regular mail.
63. Pink carnations are my favorite flower.
64. However, any flowers that I didn't buy for myself are great.
65. I love good surprises and would rather not know what presents I am getting.
66. As a result, I NEVER snoop at Christmas.
67. I get mad when I accidently find out about something I am getting.
68. I have a hard time keeping presents a surprise from other people though because I want to give it to them as soon as I buy it.
69. I also enjoy wrapping presents. I want to be a gift wrapper at the mall when I grow up.
70. I do not enjoy unpleasant surprises.
71. I hate to be late.
72. Since I became a mom, it happens way more than I'd like.
73. If I could go to school for free and have free childcare, I'd go back- because I'm just that nerdy.
74. I'm not sure if I ever want to go back to teaching full time.
75. I wish there was more part time work for teachers.
76. We have 15 people coming over later and I have no business sitting here on the computer. 77. I am mostly ready now, but as usual I need more of something from the store so I am waiting on Brandon to get back.
78. I really love Christmas- not just the presents.
79. I also enjoy Halloween almost as much- not just the candy.
80. My youngest brother and I have the same birthday.
81. We are 11 years apart so I was never jealous.
82. I HATE marschino cherries.
83. Real ones are ok, but the pits are, well, the pits.
84. I drove 9 hours today and I am very tired.
85. I love singing along with the radio.
86. No one else enjoys my singing. Well maybe Ellie.
87. One time, I accidentally called my mom from my cell phone while I was rockin out in the car and even she doesn't like it.
88. I hate to be hot when I sleep. I keep the A/C on almost all year.
89. I can't drink regular cokes any more. Too many years of diet.
90. I still collect dolls. Call me Super Nerd if you want.
91. My name is not really Katie.
92. I don't really like yogurt. (I'm running out of things to say and really just want to get to 100) 93. My first car was older than me. 1976 Ford Granada. We called it the Grenade.
94. I had a pickup truck once and as a true redneck girl I really liked it.
95. I love to Jazzercise and practice the moves at home by myself with my I-Pod on.
96. I danced for most of my life- from 2 until I was in college. And also some as an adult. Tap is my favorite.
97. I want to be on the Rachel Ray show. Just to get the snack of the day.
98. I may have repeated myself on a few of these because I didn't write them all in one sitting. 99. I am not sorry that this is almost over- I am sorry for making you read it.
100. I will be adding a new tiny member to playgroup, Jazzercise and our family sometime in October. SURPRISE!!!!!