Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Sew Time!!

Yay! I finally got my sewing machine out of the box. I practiced on some old fabric that I had from LA and then while she was napping, I made Ellie a little purse with some leftover fabric from my mom and cute heart ribbon. I think it is very cute. Tomorrow I am off to Wally World to find some more fabric and empty bobbins. (Listen to me talking all sewy-like) and some spools of thread too. Maybe even some more cute ribbon to embellish. Thanks to Melissa for helping me get set up. That would've taken me forever if I'd been using the manual. Here's some pics of my handiwork. I think Ellie likes it.



P.S. Everyone be prepared for slightly imperfect hand-made gifts for Christmas. I will be sewing like crazy- at least until the baby gets here and I lose my sewing room.

1 comment:

The Smith Boys said...

Its super cute! I can't wait to see what you make next!