Sunday, February 17, 2008

Camoflauge and Hydrangeas

Here are some pics from our trip. In case you don't know, Ellie and I joined my extended family and some friends to spread my dad's ashes on a stretch of road that he spent lots of time hunting on. We planted a hydrangea on the side of the road as a memorial. (There are hydrangeas growing on the side of the house where I grew up and they remind us of Dad. )We also used it as an excuse to stuff ourselves with fried chicken (also one of Dad's faves) (he always called it dead bird) and all the yummy fixins. There were more than 50 people there- all who loved my dad and had fond memories of him. In true Buckheister fashion, me, Ellie and Tyler sported some camo. Davis wore a mailman shirt and Ward had on camo AND a mailman jacket. We were quite a site!


Ellie and I all decked out in camo.


Ward and Davis on the front row. Mom, me, Tyler and Brian on the back row

1 comment:

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

What a great memorial for your Dad!