Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More highly useful information

OK, so here's another meme. I just can't help myself. Maybe I won't feel the need to forward the email ones if I keep posting these.

This one came from a HILARIOUS (and also thought-provoking, of course) blog that I read daily. Her name is BooMama and she is a riot. I've been reading it pretty much since I started this one a year ago and I really dig it. I just didn't realize exactly how much we have in common until I saw her version of this. There are some answers I didn't even have to change and others I only had to tweak slightly. Check it out if you don't believe me.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had just graduated from college and moved/ followed Brandon to GA, much to my parents' dismay. I was working at a daycare center that summer and trying to get a full time teaching position in the local school districts.

Favorite Snacks
pita chips and hummus
diet Coke with lime over ice
a scoop of peanut butter, I’m not even kidding
pretty much any form of cheese
and of course fresh fruits and veggies (just in case the OB is reading)

To Do List
I love a to-do list - mainly to try to keep myself organized. I like to write daily ones and also long-term ones. And I like to WRITE OUT my list because typing the list on the computer is not at all the same, NOT AT ALL. Give me a notepad, scrap of paper, back of an envelope and a hard surface and I'm set. Oh and any writing utensil will do. Except a pencil, cuz I might be tempted to change the list. I’m a fan of the to-do. And I will add the things that are not finished to the next list.

My current long-term list looks like this-
- make Milynda's bday present
-make Faith's bday present
-make cover for E's nap mat
-Brandon's present (not making that one)
-Zoe's bday present (not sure yet)
-E's shot record updated
-and as always, work on the scrapbook


Jobs I Have Had
Babysitter, hostess at restaurant on the beach, ice cream scooper, daycare slave, elementary school teacher, mommy and currently incubator

Places I Have Lived
South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama.
So basically, you know, the Deep South.
So much for the Army sending us to see the world

Bad Habits
procrastination, worry, caffeine, eating too much, exercising too little, letting the cleaning chores pile up, impatience, sitting at the computer when I should clearly be working on that to-do list

5 Random Things People May Not Know
-My husband was dating my friend when we started dating. I was 16.
-It took me 3 tries to get my driver's license. Driving a stick-shift minivan was not easy. But it did get a whole bunch of us to prom in style.
-I always thought I wanted a sister, but now I'm kind of glad it was just me and the boys.
-I love to sing, but am acutely aware that it is not something that should be shared with others.
That's why it only happens in the car when I am alone or only with Ellie.
-I used to have a borderline addiction to sticky notes. Being out of the classroom has pretty much cured it, but I still have some around the house just in case.

CDs I would want if stranded on an island
SDT's Churning Burlward, Any of Madonna's stuff from the 80's/early 90's, Soundtrack to Michael, Jimmy Buffet Fruitcakes, and I guess I'll cheat and say I'd have to make one from my list on itunes so I could have all my favorites

What I’d Do if I Were a Billionaire
1) Pay off college, car, boat, the new house and the army
2) Buy a large-ish place on Sullivan's Island so everyone could use it.
3) Buy another place to live in the country with lots of land and quiet.
4) Move to one of these places as soon as the army part of #1 was completed.
5) Put aside a chunk-o-money for the girls' college etc....
6) Try not to live extravagantly.
7) Donate generously.
8) Take my whole family on a trip.

So there you go, more than you needed to know about me.
And if you want - you’re it!

No comments: