Monday, July 14, 2008

A "Special" Weekend

So we are back again. How many posts have I started that way? This time I am here to stay for quite a while. I am so tired. All the trips have been great and seeing family and friends is wonderful. But I swear for each mile we traveled, my belly grew another inch. Just carrying it around is exhausting. And I there's still 3 months to go. Yikes.

As of last Wednesday, the 9th, I was 26 weeks along. However, according to the doc, I was measuring at 29 weeks. That's the first time I've ever measured differently than where I actually was in the pregnancy. And 3 weeks is quite a difference. Next week we will get another ultrasound to check and see why the measurement is off. I hope it's just extra fluid and not a super giant baby. I'll keep you posted. And I"ll have a good belly pic soon. My SIL's mom took a cute side profile one.


Back to the weekend. We had a great time with Brandon's family. His brother graduated from the Special Forces Qualification Course at Ft Bragg, NC.
It was a long trip, but worth it to see him graduate. We are so proud of him. And he and his wife are moving to Germany this summer so I knew we might not see them again for a while. And we got to hang out with them and some more family members a lot. We even took a family photo with 4 generations. I'll have that to post soon too. Here's E playing with PeePaw and MeeMaw. Not sure who had more fun.


The best parts of the trip for Ellie were the pool at the hotel and a special surprise.....Guess who was performing in the same building as the graduation.....The Backyardigans! E has been watching the promo commercial for their live show for weeks and making wishes with her glittery fairy dust to go see them. I looked all over the Internet to see where they were playing. I was going to drive a couple hours in any direction to take her. I only looked for places close to here so Fayetteville never caught my eye. So anyway, as soon as I saw that they were going to be there, I got on the phone. I ordered tickets for the show on Sat morning. It was really fun to watch her and a surprisingly good performance. They involved the kids in the audience which was great because trying to keep hundreds of 1-5 year-olds quiet would have been impossible. Photos of the show were not allowed, but here she is waiting for the show to start with her giant popcorn and souvenir.

No comments: