Monday, August 11, 2008

We survived!

Both Ellie and I made it through her first day of pre-school unharmed. She cried a little when I dropped her off this morning, but she must have enjoyed the day because she already agreed to go back tomorrow. (Not that she has a choice, but she didn't pitch a fit when we talked about it)

Last night she was very excited and said she couldn't wait to go. We talked about all the fun stuff she was going to do and picked out her outfit (Thanks Sharon!) and made her lunch. But this morning when I woke her up and told her it was School Day, she said she didn't want to go. And she repeated her mantra "I don't want to go to school" about 150 times in the 7 minutes it takes us to drive there. She got out of the car just fine and carried her bag inside, but then she hesitated outside of the classroom. Reality had set in! We went in and deposited all her stuff and I tried to distract her with the toys, but she was not falling for it. Luckily, Ms. Kam swooped in and picked her up. E wrapped her in a bear hug and I ran out. (Well, I waddled out.)

I went over to the gym part of the church building and did jazzercise and I wanted to go peek afterwards, but I didn't. I was strong. I knew if she happened to see me, it would be over for Ms. Kathryn and Ms. Kam. I managed to fill my day with getting a pedicure, cleaning out the toy closet and a little shopping (not much, mostly I just looked :)
Since we got home, here's what she's been doing. She probably has TV withdrawal. It's bad.

Tomorrow, I have to come straight home after working out and get more done around here. I have a lot to clean out of the 3rd bedroom before we can get it ready for the Peanut. And we have many grandmothers coming this weekend so I have to do real cleaning.



YEAH! One day down, 18 years to go! ;-) Glad you both managed through - sounds like she had so much fun she's exhausted! Awesome! I hope Abby's 1st day back goes just as great! See you in the morning....Barbara

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Too stinkin cute!