Friday, October 31, 2008

Pre-Halloween Festivities

Beautiful Rainbow Butterfly


Honey Bee

The lead up to Halloween this year has been intense. And we didn't even get to go to the Pumpkin Patch. E's school trip was rained out and I was going to take her one day this week, but she and Brandon brought a pumpkin home to me when the went to Lowe's together last weekend so that saved me the trip. (on a side note- she asked to go with him and she was still in her pajamas. So the two of them went to her room to get her dressed. I was feeding the baby, as usual. So of course she was stylin' for the trip to Lowe's in a brown summer skirt with tropical designs, purple t-shirt that reads "My uncle is a green beret" and pink plaid princess dress shoes. It was lovely. I am sad to say I did not get a picture as I was still on the couch with AM when they got back.)

Anyway- this week has been crazy. Monday and Tuesday I worked on her costume in between feedings and diaper changes.


Wednesday was ballet and then the Fall Festival at the church. It was great. So well organized and decorated. E had a great time playing all the games.

All the games were related to Bible stories and most of them were easy enough for E to do. At each game the kids collected "pumpkin bucks" that they cashed in at the end for prizes.



Thursday was the Halloween parade and trunk-or-treating at school . The games were still set up in the gym so they got to play some more. There was also the coolest bouncy house and cookie decorating.
Costume Parade
Trunk or Treating. Notice the cute bags that they painted.Cookie decorating- more icing was stuck to the table than any where else.
Class photo- aren't they cute. All the costumes were adorable. Out of 12 kids, there are only 4 girls- E was a butterfly and the others were a cheerleader, a fairy and a princess. And of the 8 boys, 3 were pirates this year.


Fishing Game with Ms. Tammy.

Today we had playgroup- Halloween style -at Barbara's house. More candy and cookies!! Barbara always has fun stuff planned. The girls each got to decorate a goody bag and then they trick or treated in the living room. We had a yummy picnic lunch of hot dogs and someone (me) made really good cookies. :)




All that and we haven't even trick-or-treated yet. Here is how I found Ellie this afternoon. She was in our room watching "The Great Pumpkin" and it got really quiet. Sure enough, she crashed.

More pics from actual trick-or-treating to come......

2 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

FYI: Abby was asleep yesterday afternoon before you guys even pulled out of the driveway - literally! ;-) But she's a grump today...too much craziness yesterday and last night combined with no over sleeping today and a short nap has led to a grouch on my hands! I loved the girls costumes...I still can't get over the fact you made Es. Awesome. I'm asking for a sewing machine for Christmas - I'll need lessons, ha!

The Smith Boys said...

What a great costume! Did you tie-dye the tights yourself too? Glad to see you guys are enjoying the season! I think October and November and very fun months in Alabama...I guess because it finally cools off enough to be outside. ha! And in the cookie decorating picture, I see you in Ellie's face for the first time ever. so sweet.