Thursday, November 8, 2007

Random Thursday

First of all, it was COLD when we woke up this morning. I think there was even a freeze warning last night. I'm sure it doesn't even compare to the weather where some of you (Milynda) are, but it was mighty chilly for us. Brandon even turned on the heat when he got up.

And Ellie and I shared some body heat in my bathrobe.


Secondly, I wanted to show off my latest bit of craftiness. I saw some of these on another blog and actually bought some to see them in person, but they haven't come yet. In the meantime, I bought some felt and hair clips and tried it out for myself. I think they are pretty cute and the one Ellie is wearing is still together. We will test-drive the other ones soon. I thought I was going to be able to get by with just gluing them on the clips, but no such luck. I had to sew them on. My technique gets better with each one I make.






And lastly, I am a little sad today. When I was taking the pic of Ellie wearing the clip, she wanted to stand in the blue chair. It reminded me of when I used to take her pic each month in the same spot of that chair to see how much she'd grown. I can't believe she's been mine for almost 2 1/2 years. But on the other hand, I can barely remember what is was like before her. Not in a bad way. I don't miss it at all. It's just insane how fast she's grown and what she picks up every day. Here's a little bit of my nostalgia for everyone to share....

May 2005- maybe a week old
July 2005- 2 months
August 2005- 3 months November 2005- 6 months February 2006-9 months

May 2006- 1 year old (and I couldn't get her to be still anymore)

Today- almost 2 1/2 :( Time flies

No comments: